by Don Yaeger
For the past 25 years, I’ve compiled meaningful quotes I come across that are especially impactful not only in my personal pursuit of greatness, but to those that I’ve had the pleasure of working with.
I have always marveled at the ability some people have to say something profound in just a few words and I’ve long found myself pulling these quotes up – or using them in conversation – to help think through a moment.
My hope is that as you read over some of these you will feel compelled and inspired to implement them into your daily practices as well.
The first five quotes listed below are my personal all-time favorites. Check out the complete list, and leave me a comment below with your favorites!
- Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
- Every saint has a past… every sinner has a future. – Oscar Wilde
- To retain the loyalty of those who are present, be loyal to those who are absent. – Stephen R. Covey
- The role of most leaders is to get the people to think more of the leader but the role of the exceptional leader is to get the people to think more of themselves. – Booker T. Washington
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. – Zig Ziglar
- In life, adversity only visits the strong. It stays forever with the weak. We have to decide whether we’re going to be strong or weak. – Dale Brown Continue reading 45 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Professional Life